pajama mom syndrome
symptoms may include...
1. while changing earrings,
your kids ask if you are going somewhere fancy.
2. your husband sometimes asks, "so, did you shower today?"
as if the answer is not obvious.
3. he asks you again. the. next. day.
4. you own a pair of "dressy" pajama pants.
for preschool drop-off.
5. your car can drive to gymnastics on auto pilot.
but not the gym.
6. you try to shop for new clothes,
but quickly realize that since
you aren't a 20-something or an old lady,
choices are limited.
so you buy shoes instead.
7. your kids have newer "unmentionables" than you.
8. you can't remember the last time you had a haircut.
9. you have holes in your jeans,
not because you are cool,
but because you have worn them almost everyday.
for. the. last. five. years.
10. you put on makeup and your kids don't recognize you.
same with high heels.
bonus - you walk around town secretly hoping
stacy and clinton are taping you for their show.
anyone else having symptoms?