Friday, July 23, 2010

middles

as an eldest,
i don't think much about
being stuck in the middle.

mm is also an eldest,
so it doesn't cross his mind either.

what's the big deal?

g is the only boy
stuck in the middle
of two of the girliest girls
on the planet.

i'm starting to see how the middle kid
gets the shaft.
can't do what the eldest does,
then when they finally get their big chance,
the baby gets to "do" at the same time.
super stinky.

lately, i've been trying to think of
different things where
the "middle"
is the best part.

oreos
burgers
middle earth
donuts

can you think of any others?
here's to middles!
and oreos.

2 comments:

Crystal D said...

I love this post. I read it the other night on my phone and I just now make it over to comment. I already shared it with Amelia too. She told me on Monday night that she would ALWAYS be the middle kid. I told her she was as fabulous as the middle of an oreo and as delicious as the custard in a donut. She glowed. It was exactly what she needed to hear.

pajama mom said...

thanks!
g loved the oreo idea too!