Monday, June 28, 2010
41 - a top ten
you know you have been married for 41 years when...
10. you can still remember every detail of your wedding day, without watching the video - which wasn't even invented yet, just sayin'.
9. he knows that she loves to travel - she knows that he loves to stay home - and it's all good.
8. she wonders how he can spend so much at big lots - he wonders how she can spend so much at marshall's - unless it's for the grandchildren - then neither wonders.
7. you know not to mention the other's age - except at the movies.
6. she has perfected the art of dropping subtle hints - for example, taking a sledgehammer to the shower walls and dumping tile out of the bathroom window means it is time for a remodel - he, over time, has perfected the art of picking up on these subtle hints.
5. she cooked and he washed dishes for 30+ years, now both know all the cracker barrel specials - by heart.
4. he knows that she will order the turkey dinner, she knows that he will order the chicken and dumplings - no one will wash the dishes.
3. he knows to buy the roses - seriously, man, just buy the roses.
2. you can forge each other's signature with alarming accuracy.
1. you can finish each other's sentences - not only because you are so attuned to each other, but because you've already heard this story - 27 times.
happy anniversary, mom and dad!
hope you get your roses.